cannot configure email_address

General question about the package, problems, solutions
juan_zero

cannot configure email_address

Postby juan_zero » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 am

Hi, I'm new using the Email Notification Package and I need the emails to be sent from a specific email address instead of the logged user's.

I'm trying to set de email_address udb_property, but when is done I get the default behavior (the Email is sent using the logged user's email address) :? :( . What should I do in order to send emails from a specific email address?

Pavel

Re: cannot configure email_address

Postby Pavel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:55 am

Hi,

You need to set "email_address" property with a valid email address only. All newly generated email messages will be sent using specified "from" address. You can validate it in the message queue (Public Queries/EmailNotification/Email_Messages query).
Also, with EmailNotification 1.5 you can use specific email address in the Email Notification Rule.

Thank you,
Pavel

juan_zero

Postby juan_zero » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks for the help. Now it works :D. By the way, how can I upgrade the package?. I have installed the 1.3 on ClearQuest 7.1.2

Pavel

Postby Pavel » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:45 am

You can download and install new version and use the following instructions to upgrade installed packages:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... er_pkg.htm

You can also just install new version from designer, and it will upgrade the package too.

Thanks,
Pavel

Return to “Email Notification Package Q&A”