Using full name for "To" field

General question about the package, problems, solutions
develtec

Using full name for "To" field

Postby develtec » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:12 pm

The "Watcher" field I have created uses the full name of the user. It looks like I am getting emails but some users whose email is not first.last@company.com are not getting emails. Can someone tell me where in the CQ code this is being established. I have a couple users who are impacted by this and need to know how best to solve this issue.

Pavel

Re: Using full name for "To" field

Postby Pavel » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:53 pm

develtec wrote:The "Watcher" field I have created uses the full name of the user. It looks like I am getting emails but some users whose email is not first.last@company.com are not getting emails. Can someone tell me where in the CQ code this is being established. I have a couple users who are impacted by this and need to know how best to solve this issue.

It might be better to have "Watcher" as REFERENCE (or REFERENCE_LIST) to users record. In this case you can get users' emails and will not be impacted by name changes, etc.
In order to debug email delivery of the Email Notification package, you can review generated email messages in the message queue. If email address is correct there, and there is no delivery error recorded, it means that the message was delivered to the SMTP relay successfully. In this case the issue should be addressed to the mail relay admins.

Pavel

Return to “Email Notification Package Q&A”