Adding email rule name to the email

General question about the package, problems, solutions
SteveW

Adding email rule name to the email

Postby SteveW » Wed May 12, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi,
I'd like to add the email rule name to the subject or body of the email message. Is there a simple variable name to use?
We have multiple rules with very similar format sending emails and want to know which rule sent it by looking at the email message received.
Thanks
SteveW

Pavel

Re: Adding email rule name to the email

Postby Pavel » Wed May 12, 2010 3:25 pm

SteveW wrote:Hi,
I'd like to add the email rule name to the subject or body of the email message. Is there a simple variable name to use?
We have multiple rules with very similar format sending emails and want to know which rule sent it by looking at the email message received.
Thanks
SteveW

Steve,

There is no special variable for this, but you can add any text to "Subject" or "Body" field of Email Notification Rule (Subject and Body tab), including the rule name. You will see it in subject or body of generated email message after that.

Regards,
Pavel

Pavel

Re: Adding email rule name to the email

Postby Pavel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:42 pm

SteveW wrote:Hi,
Thanks
SteveW

Steve,
If you still need it, $EmailNotificationRuleName predefined variable was added in the latest release of EmailNotification package.

Regards,

Return to “Email Notification Package Q&A”