error send notification via CQ RCP client

General question about the package, problems, solutions
meelena

error send notification via CQ RCP client

Postby meelena » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:41 am

Hello Pavel,

When I create/modify record via ClearQuest rich client the status of en_email_message is Error,
error message - "SMTP CONNECTION ERROR: host 'mail.stc' "

CQ version - 7.0.1.0

but via CQ web client email delivering is working fine.

any idea why it happens?

Pavel

Re: error send notification via CQ RCP client

Postby Pavel » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:50 am

meelena wrote:Hello Pavel,

When I create/modify record via ClearQuest rich client the status of en_email_message is Error,
error message - "SMTP CONNECTION ERROR: host 'mail.stc' "

CQ version - 7.0.1.0

but via CQ web client email delivering is working fine.

any idea why it happens?

There was a bug in socket library of Eclipse client (if I am not mistaken, it was fixed in later releases).
As a workaround, you can run delivery script on server that would take care of messages undelivered due to this error. You have to use, at least, "deferred" delivery mode (default).
You could also switch to "queue" delivery mode, and no attempt to send notification would be made from a client (it would entirely rely on delivery script then).

Pavel

meelena

Postby meelena » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 am

Pavel,

I've got the same error in CQ v7.1.0.1 for windows client - SMTP CONNECTION ERROR: host 'xxx'

do you know how to fix this problem?

Pavel

Postby Pavel » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Is there at least one recipient specified?
Could you try sending the same message manually? (from the queue, action "send message")
Please try to turn debug on and capture output using dbwin32. It might reveal some additional information useful for troubleshooting.

Implementing Queue delivery mode with script running on the server would definitely be a workaround.

Regards,
Pavel

meelena

Postby meelena » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:12 am

Pavel,
I've reinstall all software and email packages and email notification is working now but only for manually created types (v7.0.1.8).

but another problem appears - the timed notification rules don't work although its were working early.

I have created preudo action, email rule based on this action and udp properties.
when I start TimedNotification.pl script with parameters it returns me the following:
Start: 2010-10-02 13:50:22
End : 2010-10-02 13:50:23

and no email is sent after that.

I've attached the log captured with dbwin32.exe.

could you please help?
Attachments
db32.7z
log
(485 Bytes) Downloaded 346 times

Pavel

Postby Pavel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:07 am

meelena wrote:Pavel,
I've reinstall all software and email packages and email notification is working now but only for manually created types (v7.0.1.8).

What do you mean by manually created types? It should work for any record type the package applied to.

meelena wrote:but another problem appears - the timed notification rules don't work although its were working early.

Please verify your configuration. Most likely, there is something you are missing.
Timed notification script is working outside of ClearQuest and easy to debug: you can use any IDE (Eclipse + EPIC, Komodo, etc), or you can add debug prints at any point.

I was not able to unpack your trace results.

Regards,
Pavel

meelena

Postby meelena » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:30 am

When I create record type manually (for Defect... etc) I received the email according to my email notification rules.

when I start the TimedNotification.pl script I didn't receive the email.

all log file looks like that:
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqmsglib_ru_RU.rsc
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqmsglib_ru-RU.rsc
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqmsglib_ru.rsc
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqexcpmsglib_ru_RU.rsc
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqexcpmsglib_ru-RU.rsc
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqexcpmsglib_ru.rsc
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqcoreutil_ru_RU.rsc
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqcoreutil_ru-RU.rsc
2420: >>Properties Initialization End

Pavel

Postby Pavel » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:28 am

meelena wrote:when I start the TimedNotification.pl script I didn't receive the email.

It looks like something is missing in your configuration, but I do not have sufficient to point you in the right direction.

meelena wrote:all log file looks like that:
2420: CQResourceDLL::LoadLangDLL: Trying C:\Program Files\Rational\ClearQuest\resdll\cqmsglib_ru_RU.rsc

Have you turned debug on?
http://cqadmin.org/wiki/Package_configu ... ptional.29

Regards,
Pavel

meelena

Postby meelena » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:34 am

what I've done:
1) installed packages
2) created properties - email_enabled=1, email_address, email_host , TN_RecordTypes - set to Defect, Debug = 9
3) created new email rule with preusdo action (action type BASE) for Defect record type

Then I start TimedNotification script as "cqperl TimedNotification.pl <my_cq_login> <my_password> <my_test_database> <my_dbset> "my_action" "

What am I missing in configuration?

Pavel

Postby Pavel » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:42 pm

You need to specify subset of records your notification rule should be evaluated on.
http://cqadmin.org/wiki/Timed_Notificat ... evaluation

Regards,
Pavel

meelena

Postby meelena » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:17 am

Pavel,

I've added the debug statements to your script. and it seems there is a problem in the code:

if( $session->EntityExistsByDbId($record_type, $dbid) == $CQPerlExt::CQ_ENTITY_VISIBLE ){
EN_Notify();
}

because the "$session->EntityExistsByDbId($record_type, $dbid)" returns 1 and "$CQPerlExt::CQ_ENTITY_VISIBLE" returns 2.

Any idea why it happens?

Thank you for your help

Pavel

Postby Pavel » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:25 am

meelena wrote:Pavel,

I've added the debug statements to your script. and it seems there is a problem in the code:

if( $session->EntityExistsByDbId($record_type, $dbid) == $CQPerlExt::CQ_ENTITY_VISIBLE ){
EN_Notify();

Please change it to

Code: Select all

if( $session->EntityVisibleByDbId($record_type, $dbid) == $CQPerlExt::CQ_ENTITY_VISIBLE ){

EntityExistsByDbId API method is deprecated for v 7.1.0 and later.
EntityVisibleByDbId has to be used instead.

Regards,
Pavel

meelena

Postby meelena » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:58 am

Pavel,

Thank you so much!

now it works ))

Return to “Email Notification Package Q&A”