Help/Advice on recovery of Oracle database

The place to ask a general ClearQuest question
dd24fan

Help/Advice on recovery of Oracle database

Postby dd24fan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:56 am

Hello, just looking for some guidance/advice if there is any way possible to recover an Oracle database that had our ClearQuest activities/data for all our projects. Let me just state that I'm not familiar with CQ admin features/tools. Currently, we have ClearCase LT and ClearQuest on a client PC and another PC with admin user. The connection to the Oracle database was on a third PC that got wiped out and had a new operating system installed and no backup was done prior. :cry:

So, now when we use ClearCase Project Explorer to view our Activities for a project they are listed but when we right click Properties we get no connection errors. Is there anything that can be done without a backup? Is there is a way to reverse engineer our database with our current state?

Our IT department thinks we have a 2011 backup (still working on it) but that's not going to help much since we've done 4-5 projects since then. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Pavel

Re: Help/Advice on recovery of Oracle database

Postby Pavel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:19 am

Hello,

If I have got you right, the database itself is intact, but you need to re-create ClearQuest database connection.
It can be done on the CC LT/CQ machine using ClearQuest Maintenance tool. The following information needs to be collected:
  • Oracle DB server
  • Oracle instance port
  • Oracle SID
  • ClearQuest schema DB user name
  • DB user password

the DBA might help you with providing required data.

Thank you,
Pavel

dd24fan

Postby dd24fan » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:00 pm

Unfornately, the database is gone as well as the connection to it.

Pavel

Postby Pavel » Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:40 pm

If the database is gone, you are out of luck.

Pavel

Return to “General ClearQuest Questions”